Note: I’ve moved this post from Q1 to Q3, as it’s more of a forward-facing question than a look at who you actually are, and I’ve updated it a bit. It’s been replaced with an exercise on how to create your personal mission statement. If you’ve already completed this exercise, take a look at it again and make any changes that occur to you.
You’ve heard me talk about day dreaming rather than goal setting, and you’ve heard me talk about Someday Isle. So you might be surprised that I’m about to ask you to start dreaming. As I mentioned in a previous post, we’re still getting to know ourselves, so let’s just explore for now. Be creative. Get to know yourself. You can always turn them into goals at a later date.
What are your dreams?
- Get out your notebook or journal and write down everything that comes to mind. As always, keep an open mind to avoid filtering things out and judging them. Get the ideas flowing! Remember…only we can get to know our full selves. No one else can do it for us! This is an exciting journey of exploration.
- Ask yourself: What would you like to achieve?
- What would you like to accept in life?
- What would you like to become?
- What would you like to contribute to the world?
- What would you like to create? Design?
- What would you like to experience?
- What would you like to feel?
- Who would you like to forgive?
- What would you like to learn?
- What would you like to let go of in life?
- What would you like to see? Taste? Hear? Smell? Touch?
- Who would you like to meet?
- Where would you like to travel?
- Now, think back to the concept of holistic wellness that I introduced some time ago. What do you want to be experiencing:
Add your answers to your list of dreams. Now, some of these questions go beyond what most people consider to be dreams. But I think these are some important things to consider on this list, and these questions are a great way to get your dream juices flowing.
How did you feel about this exercise? Did you find it easy to answer the questions? Where some more challenging than others? Which ones?